Pendery’s 4th Annual Charity Chili Challenge
Pendery’s, the Oldest Family Owned & Operated Business in Texas & the Inventors of Chile Blend is pleased to announce our Fourth Annual Charity Chili Cookoff Challenge which will take place on April 30th on “The Boulevard” of Southern Methodist University and benefit Homeless Survivors of Domestic Violence, Cattle Baron’s Ball as well as other charities. A BBQ Lunch will be provided at minimal cost by volunteers from the Dallas Police’s Competition BBQ Team.
Charity, Chili and Fun for the Whole Family
In our first three years we have raised over $360,000 for local charities. This year up to a $100,000 “Challenge Match” will be provided, so make your donation count! For every Dollar you donate, we will match it!*
Trophies, Cash & Other Prizes
Over $7,000 in Cash & Prizes – The largest payout of any Chili Cookoff in the State of Texas. First Place ICS wins over $2,500 in cash and prizes
State of Texas Championship: Top level ICS winners will be eligible to compete for a total prize package of $55,000 at the ICS World’s Championship Chili Cookoff held each year in October.
Contestants can compete and acquire points in all three major Chili Competition Sanctioning Bodies:
ICS-This is the State of Texas Cookoff. ICS sanctions over 200 cookoffs a year and have helped raise over $86 million dollars for charity.
CASI-This event is a CASI Regional Open and an automatic qualifier for TICC and a beneficiary this year.
OTICCC-With roots right here in the Dallas Metroplex. In addition to the local money raised by sanctioned cookoffs, Tolbert’s Official charity is ALS or Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Winners in the ICS State of Texas event can advance to the World’s Championship Chili Cookoff
Winners in CASI and OTICCC earn points toward competing in either Championship in Terlingua Texas, near Big Bend National Park
In partnership with SMU Relay for Life, our on campus sponsor, it is our Goal to raise over $150,000 for charitable causes, including the following:
- Housing Crisis Center-The Housing Crisis Center offers quality services to more than 10,000 Dallas County households every year. Because of the unmatched intensive case management provided at HCC, over 80% of our residential program clients do not return to public or private assistance. Ever. With your help, HCC can continue to house 215 Dallas residents and their children every single night, including Veterans and Survivors of Domestic violence. With your help, HCC can continue providing intensive case management to program participants, helping to break the vicious cycle of poverty. With your help, HCC can help those facing the most complex challenges return to a life of self-sufficiency.
- Cattle Baron’s Ball-Through our partnership with The American Cancer Society, we hope to give cancer the boot – for good. And you can help us! Did you know that in our more than 40 years of events, Cattle Baron’s Ball has raised nearly $60 million towards the ongoing pursuit of a cure for cancer? And most of that has stayed right here in North Texas. Join the fight and help us continue to make a difference!
- SMU Relay for Life-Our on campus sponsor, in addition to Cattle Baron’s Ball, the Smu Relay for Life raises money for the American Cancer Society. In May 1985, Dr. Gordy Klatt walked and ran for 24 hours around a track in Tacoma, Washington, ultimately raising $27,000 to help the American Cancer Society fight the nation’s biggest health concern cancer. A year later, 340 supporters joined the overnight event. Since those first steps, the Relay For Life movement has grown into a worldwide phenomenon, raising nearly $5 billion to fight cancer.
- Special Olympics Texas provides year-round sports training and competition as well as health and inclusion programs for individuals of all ages with intellectual disabilities. It takes $150 to support just one athlete for an entire year of competition, training and services. We now have over 57,000 athletes in the state of which over 6,000 are in Greater Dallas. Your donation insures that our programs continue in order to increase awareness and inclusion of our athletes.
- Assist the Officer Foundation-Supporting the Officers Who Serve and Protect Dallas. Law enforcement officers serve and protect our communities. They face tremendous work-related challenges daily, often risking their lives to ensure our safety. When an officer is injured, a setback can bring financial ruin – especially if the officer is the sole provider for a family. During recovery, the last thing an officer should have to worry about is how he or she will make ends meet. There are hundreds of officers and their families that need your assistance. The Assist the Officer Foundation is here to help. The men and women who serve you are very much like you…and need you, just as much as you need them.
- CASI – Chili Appreciation Society International, Inc. has as its mission to create and maintain a structure that promotes chili cookoff events which bridge the gap between local charitable organizations, the community and corporations. CASI sanctioned chili cookoffs are intended to bring local communities and competitive chili cooks together to raise awareness of chili and raise funds for the local charities, while supporting the community with wholesome, enriched competitive cooking events. Resoundingly successful in accomplishing our mission, since being founded in 1983, CASI has generated and donated over $30 million in financial support for local charities.
*Make your donation count: $100,000 in matching funds will be provided for all donations until the matching pool is exhausted. In addition, all net proceeds will be given to charity. All donations are tax deductable as well as a portion of ticket sales.
To show our gratitude for their service, dedication and sacrifice reduced event tickets will be available for all Military, police and fire & rescue personnel and their families.