TROPHIES, AWARDS and FEES
Entry Fee: $25 (Online Early Bird Special through April 8th, Regular Price $30)
No Membership Requirement
Free for SMU Students
CASI Rules Apply
1st – $500 Pendery’s Gift Card & Trophy
2nd- $300 Pendery’s Gift Card & Trophy
3rd – $100 Pendery’s Gift Card & Trophy
4th – $50 Pendery’s Gift Card & Certificate
5th – $25 Pendery’s Gift Card & Certificate
6th – $10 Pendery’s Gift Card & Certificate
7th – $5 Pendery’s Gift Card & Certificate
8th – $5 Pendery’s Gift Card & Certificate
9th – $5 Pendery’s Gift Card & Certificate
10th – $5 Pendery’s Gift Card & Certificate
REGISTER FOR CHILI COOKOFF 101: $10
Space is limited, must register by April 28th
Never been to a Chili Cookoff before or don’t have all the equipment? Sign up to learn from the best. $10 per entry, have as many people on your team as you want. For SMU Students, Chili Cookoff 101 fees include entry fee into the CASI/Tolbert Division at no added charge. (Normal ICS fees apply if you choose to cook in that division.) For Non-students, in addition to Chili 101, normal entry fees apply. You do not need to bring anything! Chili Cook instructors will supply all the needed fixings and equipment.
Chili Cookoff 101 video with Champion instructors who will be at the event:
Free, one member of Team must be a CASI Chili Entry
1st Place – $50 Pendery’s Gift Card & Award Certificate
2nd Place – $25Pendery’s Gift Card & Award Certificate
3rd Place – $10 Pendery’s Gift Card & Award Certificate
ICS – TEXAS STATE
Must be an ICS member or purchase a membership to compete in ICS. Memberships are valid at ICS events for a year. A regular membership is $60. ICS Rules Apply
Trophies in addition to cash prizes
There are Two Different Divisions in the Cookoff: CASI/Tolbert and ICS. One may cook in one or both divisions at once, but a separate bowl of Chili will need to be turned in per division. The judging rules of each Division are also different. You do not need a membership to cook in the CASI/Tolbert Division. To qualify for ICS you must be a current ICS member or purchase a membership.
SAFETY GUIDELINES & REGULATIONS
- Each entry must have a Fire Extinguisher.
- Cooking areas are included with entry fees and are first come first serve. (No overnight parking allowed on Bishop Blvd. Please refer to the “Directions & Hotel” tab for overnight RV parking information.)
- All equipment and vehicles must remain within the purchased area and cannot infringe on others designated areas.
- No cancellations or refunds.
- Neither Pendery’s nor SMU is responsible for personal items.
- Please keep the campus clean and green and dispose of trash properly.
- Tents may be errected in designated areas and cannot interfere with parking.
- Tents must be erected without stakes for support and cannot have commercial business, advertising or displays without prior written approval.
- Tents may not be larger than 10 x 10.
- ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION REGULATIONS: Please be advised that The SMU Campus and Boulevard is only “Wet” during football games, so alcohol will not be allowed. If you consume alcohol before or off site, please do so responsibly.
- Responsible and appropriate behavior is required. Inappropriate behavior may result in sanctions by law enforcement authorities and expulsion from the event.